JDM Aust Pty Ltd supplies only the best possible equipment to our existing and new customers as we believe that the leaders in their fields of expertise are leaders for many reasons but most of all they have a proven track record of manufacturing and supplying high quality equipment that deliver cost effective results on a continual basis over a long period of time.
Nihot Recycling Technology is a proven market leader in the supply of waste separation technologies, systems and components, using controlled air. Nihot’s air technologies reflect a superior reliability, offering a high waste separation efficiency of up to 99%. Nihot Recycling Technology BV has more than 65 years of experience in air separation technologies. One of Nihot’s core technologies is controlled air, which is a perfect waste separation medium both in terms of process technology and business solutions.
The Nihot Windshifter has a proven high operational reliability. It separates and/or upgrades various waste streams, such as:
- Single stream (e.g. commingled recyclables)
- Construction & demolition waste
- Commercial & industrial waste
- And more
It is typically used to separate light materials from heavy, fraction sizes of 5-400 mm.
Effective and reliable waste separation
The Nihot Windshifter offers effective segregation, with a high separation efficiency of up to 99%. It is a perfect separating solution based on density and size of the material at high capacities of up to 100 tonnes/hour.
A few other characteristics and benefits:
- Low dust emission thanks to controlled circular airflow
- Maximum control of the caloric value
- Low maintenance and few wear parts
- Proven reliability, reduced downtime
- Flexible footprint, Combi Separator can be placed anywhere
Details and principles windshifter
The Nihot Windshifter is a combination of a recirculation fan, a separation unit and a combi separator.
It separates the input into two fractions, light and heavy. In the separation unit (the sifter unit) the heavy materials are separated from the light materials. The lighter materials are transported (by controlled air flows) to the combi separator, where the materials will be separated from the air stream. In stead of a combi separator, a rotary air separator can be used in a windshifting system.
Process description Nihot WindshifterClick to enlarge.
Types of Windsifters
The Windshifter is standardized and it is available in various designs, with effective widths of 500 mm up to 2000 mm. We provide the following types of Windshifters:
- WS-S, a Windshifter with a diagonal separation unit
- WS-V, a Windshifter with a vertical separation unit
- WS-Z, a Windshifter with a zigzag separation unit
The Nihot Drum Separator is an effective separating solution using controlled air. It is utilized toseparate and/or upgrade various waste qualities, such as Municipal Solid Waste or Construction & Demolition Waste and other waste materials. It processes many different waste streams very efficiently, including:
- larger fractions
- bulky soft materials
- products with relative higher moisture content
The Nihot Drum Separator is one of our air-controlled separation solutions, which is an ideal medium to separate waste based on density of the material. It has a highseparation efficiency of up to 99 %.
The Nihot Drum Separator has a capacity of up to 100 tonnes/hr of input and up to 25 tonnes/hr of separated light fraction. It can handle large fraction sizes (e.g. film and plastic bags) easily.
Nihot offers turn-key dust suppression systems for the Environmental and Recycling Industry, more specifically for waste sorting and recycling facilities.
In general, our dust control solutions give the tools to minimize, control and monitor dust emission, and to improve the air quality considerably.
We realize dust suppression systems on a turnkey basis,including:
- The design, engineering and manufacturing of all the necessary dust hoods, air ducting, ventilators, filter units, etc.
- Supervision during assembly on site, testing, commissioning and training.
Types of dust suppression systems
- A primary dust suppression system
- A secondary dust suppression system
- Dust suppression / air treatment in e.g. hand picking stations
Primary Dust Suppression
Specific units in a waste sorting or recycling facility (such as shredders, screens, shifters, transfer chutes on conveyors, separators) are connected to a dust suppression system, building up a fully closed system.
Secondary Dust Suppression
Secondary dust suppression is an extraction of the whole volume of a building, followed by a cleaning process. After that the air will be returned (partly) to the building and/or emitted into the open air.
Dust Suppression / Air Treatment in Enclosed Spaces
An air treatment system that guarantees a pleasant work environment, creating excellent interior air quality and conditions in e.g. hand picking stations (sorting cabins). The system preconditions air prior to feeding it to the enclosed space, while changing the volume up to 6 or 10 times per hour.
A few advantages of the Nihot Rotary Air Separator:
- It has a stainless steel separator screen to prevent dust to become electro static, i.e. self cleaning.
- Fully sealed, dust free operation.
- 3 large hatches for easy access for inspection/maintenance purposes.
The Rotary Air Separator is applied:
- As a stand alone system in specific airflows like paper or cardboard. Possible to place it directly above a baler.
- In combination with a Nihot Windshifter to separate the light fraction from the airflow.
- To separate any light fraction from the exhaust airflow from a Windshifter and/or Drum Separatorto prevent particles to enter the filter unit.
For smaller volumes, a Rotary Air Separator can be used in combination with a Nihot Windshifter.
Typical applications Rotary Air Separator
|in main airflows:||in secondary airflows:|
How does the RAS function?
The waste materials are separated from the conveying airflow by passing it over a perforated screen.
1. The clean airflow is discharged horizontally into a filter unit or returned to the main air system in close loop.
2. The separated materials are vertically discharged via a rotary valve for further processing.
The Nihot Rotary Air Separators are supplied in various sizes ranging from 22.000 m3/h up to 55.000 m3/h airflow. Those type of separators process fractions from 5 up to 200 mm.
Nihot has developed a unique method of taking out film, plastics and foils from waste streams in sorting cabins. We call this our Film Vacuum System.
The Film Vacuum System consists of one or more suction points, a re-circulation fan, and a material/air separator. The complete systems works in a closed loop. This means that the air which is used to suck the material is 100% brought back into the system.
The material which is (manually) brought to the suction point, is sucked into suction hood and pneumatically conveyed to a Rotary Air Separator or Combi Separator where the material is dropped pressure less onto a conveyor belt or storage bay.
The main advantages are:
- Closed loop system
- No surrounding air is extracted
- No (air) conditioning of sorting cabin needed
- Can be easily retro fitted
The SDS Compact Series are compact Single Drum Separators that upgrade and separate a wide variety of waste materials in two fractions: heavy and light.
The SDS Compact Series are available both in stationary set up and in semi mobile set up. Thanks to their compact design, these type of separators can be easily transported and moved.
Versatile Compact Drum Separator
A few examples of materials that can be separated by means of the versatile Compact (Drum Separator) Series:
- Waste from Electric and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- Construction & Demolition Waste
- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)
Details SDS Compact Series
Their compact design enables the SDS compact separators to be transported and installed easily. A few characteristics with regard to their mobility and compact design:
- Plug & Play arrangement.
- A small footprint (standard a 20 feet skid).
- The complete separator system fits in one 40 ft high cube à cube container.
- Quicky and easy to install, operational within one hour after delivery on site.
This plug & play type of separator separates input materials with a fraction range from 5 to 250 mm. They are supplied with an effective conveyor width of 650 mm.
SDS 650-C XL, long expansion chamber
Whenever you have an application where the volume of light weight fraction is more substantial, Nihot offers you the Semi Mobile Drum Separator with a (twice as) long expansion chamber. All other aspects and benefits remain like his smaller brother. Please contact us for more information.
Overview components SDS Compact Series
- Product Input Conveyor (PIC)
- Splitter drum
- Heavy fraction conveyor
- Expansion chamber
- Light fraction conveyor
- Air return ducting
- Recirculation fan
- Adjustable air nozzle
- Filter unit
- Electrical cabinet
Nihot Test Centre ” Seeing is Believing “
New methods of waste collection need to be evaluated. Our test center is equipped with a single drum separator, a diagonal windshifter (WS-S), a vertical windshifter (WS-V), a combi separator with rotary valve, a rotary air separator and a dust filter. We can test your sample material on one individual machine, or by a combination of machines. After testing, a full test report is made up including photographs and separation results.